The Pennsylvania Playhouse is pleased to announce auditions for:
CRAZY FOR YOU, a zany, rich-boy-meets-hometown-girl romantic comedy, featuring such memorable Gershwin tunes as “I Got Rhythm,” “Naughty Baby,” “They Can’t Take That Away from Me,” and “Embraceable You”. Auditions will be held at The Pennsylvania Playhouse, 390 Illick’s Mill Road, Bethlehem, PA on Sunday, May 6th & Monday May 7th from 6:30 – 9:00 PM. Callbacks will be held on May 9th @ 6:30 PM. Dance rehearsal begins on May 10th.
Performances will be July 27th thru August 12th.
All roles are open. All ethnicities are encouraged to audition.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script, TAP dancing and vocals (32 bars of a musical theatre song in the style of the show - please bring sheet music - NO A CAPELLA). Actors interested in lead roles should prepare the following songs: Polly – “Someone to Watch Over Me”, Bobby – “They Can’t Take That Away From Me”, Irene – “Naughty Baby”. An accompanist will be provided. Dress accordingly for the dance audition.
CRAZY FOR YOU tells the story of young New York banker Bobby Child, who is sent to Deadrock, Nevada, to foreclose on a rundown theatre. In Deadrock, Bobby falls for spunky Polly Baker, the theater owner’s daughter. But Polly takes an instant dislike to the city slicker, so Bobby vows – through cunning, razzmatazz, and a hilarious case of mistaken identity – to win Polly’s heart and save the theatre.
Director: James A. Vivian
Music Director: Nancy Shumaker Choreographer: Joey M. Schubert
Questions: email email@example.com
- Polly Baker — Postmistress in Deadrock, Nevada; “All American Girl” (mezzo soprano 20 – 30)
- Bobby Child — Young man from NYC in love with musical theater (baritone 25 – 35)
- Bela Zangler — An established, imposing theatrical producer in NYC, Hungarian accent (baritone 30 – 50)
- Irene Roth — New York society debutante, sophisticated (mezzo soprano 25 – 35)
- Lank Hawkins — Bad tempered saloon proprietor in Deadrock, Nevada (baritone 25 – 35)
- Tess — Dance director; sassy, Zangler’s favorite (mezzo soprano 30 – 40)
- Patsy — Ditzy showgirl with high speaking voice (soprano/alto18 – 28)
- Everett Baker — Polly’s father, nostalgic, befuddled (baritone 50 - 70)
- Eugene Fodor — Proper English tourist (baritone 30 – 50)
- Patricia Fodor — Eugene’s sister (soprano 30 – 50)
- Mother (Mrs. Lottie Child) - Bobby’s business-oriented, controlling parent (spoken 50 - 70)
- Perkins — Mother’s business assistant (doubles as Custus, 30 – 50)
- Chauffeur — for Mother’s limousine
- Follies Girls: Mitzi (principal dancer), Elaine, Louise, Susie, Betsy, Margie, Sheila, Vera
- Cowboy Trio: (20 – 40) Moose, Mingo, Sam
- Cowboys: (20 – 40)
- Harry — member of Male Quartet; Bartender
- Junior — member of Male Quartet; card player
- Wyatt — member of Male Quartet; card player
- Billy — card player, Pete, Jimmy
- Custus (doubles as Perkins, 30 – 50)
* Follies Girls and Cowboys sing, dance and also double as Stage Manager of New York theatre, Stage Hands, Lackeys for Zangler, Mother’s Directors, Street Crowds.